Heating and Cooling
When enduring a Southern California summer, there’s no better feeling than escaping the heat and getting into an air-conditioned car. Alternatively, when your windows are frosted over on a winter morning, it’s always nice to turn on your defrosters and thaw out before your drive to work. However, when your heating and cooling systems aren’t working properly, you and your passengers lose this comfort. Auto heating and AC systems can wear out over time if not properly serviced and maintained. It’s important to get your climate control systems checked seasonally and to know the signs of these system malfunctions in case they occur.
Signs of AC and heating malfunctions include:
- If your AC will not blow air as cold as it used to or if it’s only slightly below room temperature
- If your heating will not blow air as warm as it used to or if it’s only slightly above room temperature
- If your air conditioning vents smell musty or like mildew
- If your defroster takes longer than usual to function or does not function at all
- If there is no air coming from your vents at all, or if it is weaker than normal
- If you hear strange noises coming from your vents when the AC or heating are on
- If you see water stains inside your car after using the AC
If one or more of these issues are occurring, visit CityWide Auto Care in Orange to have your heating and cooling systems assessed. It may be a simple fix, like adding more refrigerant to your AC, or it may be a bigger problem with your radiator or water pump that requires extensive repair or replacement. To avoid these larger repairs, bring in your vehicle for seasonal system checks and proactive maintenance. No matter the size of the issue, CityWide Auto Care aims to give you the best service in Orange County, with reasonable prices and exceptional customer service.